FOSS4G-CEE 2013: Announcement
Our partners from Romania kindly invite you between 17 - 19th of June to renew your vows for the wonderful world of free and open source software for geospatial, together with some of the most fervent developers, users and promoters of FOSS4G from Europe and beyond. The event will take place in the lovely newly built National Library of Romania in Bucharest.
Organizers of the FOSS4G-CEE 2013 conference are geo-spatial.org Association and OSGeo Romania.
- Faculty of Geography - Babeș Boylai University
- Faculty of Geography – University of Bucharest
- Groundwater Engineering Research Center - Technical University of Civil Engineering Bucharest
- Institute for Research in Artificial Intelligence of the Romanian Academy
- Ministry of Culture and the National Library of Romania
- Romanian National Meteorological Administration
- Romanian Space Agency
- Analysis, manipulation and visualization of geospatial data
- Application development
- Case studies of FOSS4G implementations
- Digital and historical cartography
- FOSS4G implementations for INSPIRE
- FOSS4G in education
- Interoperability and open standards
- Open geodata and crowdsourcing approaches
- Sensors, remote sensing, laser-scanning, structure for motion
- Transition to FOSS4G
Organizers opened the call for papers and workshops. They are planning to put together 9 workshops. As expected, these will be shaped as 3 hours hands on courses. Be advised that the chance to actively participate at FOSS4G-CEE 2013 will expire on the 15th of April. All proposals received after, might not be considered.
The early bird registration opened yesterday. With respect to a fair-play attitude organizers will not charge for the ticket you now reserve until the 21st of April, when the full schedule will be announced. It’s always nice to know what you are paying for. Thus, they fully rely on your responsible attitude to reserve your ticket only when you are confident that your presence at the conference is a certainty. They want to give a real chance to everyone to participate, so they have decided that within the early bird registration, students’ entry will be free of charge. The early bird registration closes on the 16th of May.